Sunday, May 10, 2009

What I Seek to Be

I was at the bookstore yesterday browsing through the World History aisle and came across this quote from the Greek Philosopher, Heraclitus:
"Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there,
Eighty are just targets,
Nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them,
for they make the battle.
Ah, but the one,
One is a Warrior,
And he will bring the others back."
After all these years...after going through all the emotional, post-teenage-year-ups-and-downs, after all the years of trying to figure out what I want to be, I now know what I must do.
I seek to be that ONE...the ONE Heraclitus speaks of.
I want to walk the path of the warrior.
I have already begun, and I hope to be able to finish strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home